An Update

       Apologies for the absence, my friends. As I'm deep into my senior year here at Wash U, I've suddenly become driven by the need to live out this year to the fullest due to my impending graduation. Bucket list items have been ticked off, involvement in student groups have increased, and more thought and energy than ever have been focused on THE FUTURE.
      Unlike my hardworking Business, Engineering, and even Pre-Med and Pre-Law friends, I am not in any sort of secure job position, and I certainly have no idea what the future holds. While I watch my friends receive offers from top consulting firms, businesses, and graduate schools, I can't help but feel left out. Of course, I know that I am but one of many who have yet to map out the future. And I do have some tentative plans: move home, get a job in fashion, eventually take the LSAT and go to law school. But the majority of the jobs I'm interested just don't recruit so early, so I'm left playing the waiting game, which is just as frustrating as it sounds.
      I don't want to make it seem like I'm miserable in my current position and blaming everyone else; on the contrary, I've always embraced the belief that everything will work itself out and I will end up in the place that is best for me. I take full responsibility for not choosing a more concrete or clear career path, but I know that I would never forgive myself if I didn't at least try to pursue fashion or fashion journalism. In the meantime, I'm trying to spend as much time as I can with friends, take classes that really interest me, and take advantage of everything my wonderful campus has to offer. This has meant, unfortunately, that this blog has suffered. I didn't want to be posting half-heartedly and delivering poor content because I'm just too distracted. If I couldn't churn out the kind of content that I would be happy with, at a consistent pace, then there was no point of churning anything out at all.
     I won't ask you to wait around for me, because I'm not so naive to entertain the notion that anyone is seriously hanging on to every word I say. Instead, keep exploring the many blogs out there and all they have to offer, and when the time comes and I am able to fully blog again, try to remember the good old days we had together. Until then, blog on, ladies and gents.

2 comments:

  1. Its such as you read my thoughts! You appear to know so much approximately this, such as you wrote the e book in it or something. I feel that you just could do with a few percent to power the message home a little bit, but other than that, that is wonderful blog. A fantastic read. Ill certainly be back.
    chat us online games

    ReplyDelete
  2. you'll be okay. "keep your head up." as tupac would say. MJ you have talent and beauty and brains galore. the part i like most is the brains being a gemini myself. so you'll be fine girl. stay strong and DO NOT! absolutely DO NOT, give up, or change from your hearts desire. we all know deep inside what are our best gifts to give to this world is. so "stick to your guns." as motley crue would say. peace and blessings from L.A. - James

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover