The Hungover Skin Saviors

We've all had those nights; we have a bit too much fun partying and suffer the consequences the next day. Whether you pass out before you get a chance to take off your make-up, or you spend all night..ahem...praying to the porcelain god, those extra (and probably unnecessary) shots will show on your face the next morning.


I recently had a night like this (I won't go into too much detail) and woke up the next morning with puffy eyes, red blotchy patches all over my face, and some new breakouts. Yayyyyy. While I detoxed my body with a myriad of hangover cures (Gatorade and Made in Chelsea marathons seem to work for me), I spent quite some time trying to get my skin back in order.

Once I was able to peel myself off my bedroom floor and into a standing position (without falling over from dizziness), I whipped out my Clarisonic for a deep clean to get rid of all the make-up and nasties that clung to my skin overnight. Paired with my new fave cleanser (move over Effaclar!), the Nude Purify Cleansing Wash, my skin felt clean and clear once again. Sidenote: this cleanser by Nude is a great option for those with oily/combination skin that suffer from acne. It gives a deep cleanse without stripping the skin of natural oils and leaves it looking refreshed, balanced, and even toned.

After all the leftover make-up was gone, I slapped on this Fresh Umbrian Clay Mattifying Mask, which helps to detox the skin, reduce breakouts, and sooth irritations. A clay-based mask is a great once-a-week treatment or when your skin is in desperate need of a pick-me-up. 10 minutes later, I removed the mask and used the Dr. Dennis Gross All-Over Blemish Solution on my newly acquired spots, which not only helps clear them up, but reduces redness and inflammation. To take care of the puffiness around the eyes, this Origins Ginzing Eye Cream sample instantly woke me up with a shot of caffeine that minimized my dark circles.

For some extra nourishment to aid my battered skin, I used a sample of the Origins Make A Difference Treatment Lotion, which seemed to tame the red, blotchy patches and add some extra moisture. I finished up with my favorite combination- a few drops of the Boots Botanics Facial Oil mixed in with my Fresh Umbrian Clay Lotion. My skin drinks up the moisture from the facial oil while the Fresh moisturizer gently calms down my skin. To my surprise, in a few hours, my skin looked almost back to normal (minus the new breakouts, which I suspect will take a few days to subside). Once I was done, I got back into bed and let my body and skin recover.

Get the saviors:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover