June Birchbox Review

Check out my Birchbox items and review!



This month, I received my first ever Birchbox. Some of you may know that Birchbox is a monthly package of samples and full size beauty, make-up, skincare, and lifestyle products all for the bargain price of $10. After watching the tantalizing preview video, that featured such items as the Origins Charcoal Mask, I had fairly high hopes. Though I haven't used all of the products yet, I wasn't thrilled by the selection.

First, I did not receive the Origins mask. Ok, maybe I had my heart a littttlle bit set on it- considering my growing love for skincare and never-ending breakouts, I thought I was a shoe in for this item. Alas, I was not so lucky. Instead, the only bit of skincare (despite my indication on my personalized survey that this is what I was interested in) was a sunscreen- The Coola Classic SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for face. I was skeptical, but then I saw it stocked on the shelves at a very nice spa in LA and decided not to judge a book by its not-so-well-known name. I've only tried it once and it seems fine. The smell is very cucumber-y but the sunscreen itself is a bit oily. It seems like it will be a good summer travel product.

I also received a nail polish as part of the Birchbox + Color Club line in Mod in Manhattan. It is sort of a pinky-white shade, and one that I really like for a fresh summer manicure. I will definitely be trying it soon!

Next is an Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in blue. I'm not much of a blue eyeliner fan, and I'm certainly not skilled enough for the finesse of applying liquid liner, but I actually sort of like it. It is a bit easier than other liquid liners I've tried (its in a more solid pen form), but it doesn't go on particularly smooth. I think I'll use it in the future, but only if I'm feeling adventurous.

The last two I haven't tried. An Amika hair nourishing mask which I gave to my mom for her finer strands and a Juicy Couture perfume sample. Yawn. Like I haven't received a thousand of those before. Come on Birchbox, try me! Finally, the little hair twistband was a cute touch, but not something I really need. 

Please enter my Firmoo giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover