New Beauty Favorite: Rosehip Oil

Ever since Miranda Kerr endorsed rosehip oil last summer as her go-to beauty secret, this potent natural skincare treatment has risen through the ranks. Check out her testimonial here.

Fans of this product include Kate Middleton, Gwenyth Paltrow, Victoria Beckham, and now, me. As you know from my last video, I've become a little skincare-obsessed. Faced with mild acne problems for quite some time now, my skin has been going particularly crazy since I've come to London. I've tried out so many different "miracle" products with little improvement. Recently, I've read so much about expensive facial oils that are potent serums for targeting specific skincare needs. Of course, this has convinced me that this is what I need for perfect skin! As I was shopping around Boots the other day (I also picked up a charcoal mask by Sanctuary Spa that I really like), I saw that the Boots Botanics line (from which I have a BB cream, shampoo, and conditioner) has a 100% organic skin oil made from rosehip. For the ridiculously affordable price of about $9, I decided to buy it on an impulse. 
I know what you're thinking- why would you use a skin oil if you have acne? Considering that acne comes from an overproduction of sebum (oil), this whole thing seems counter-intuitive. However, overly-dry skin (from OD'ing on acne drying products) can actually lead to more oil production that can clog pores. On top of that, my super-sensitive skin tends to get red and blotchy if its too dry. Apparently, rosehip is a dry oil that doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy. Its Vitaminc C, Omega-3, and Omega-6 fatty acid-rich formula keep your skin moisturized and help to even out skin tone, getting rid of redness and skin pigmentation issues (that I've suffered from due to irritation). Supposedly, its also great for healing scar tissue, which should be good for my acne scars.
After using my new charcoal mask, I slathered on a few drops. Later that night, after cleansing and putting on my moisturizer, I used a few more drops. In the morning, I could already see a difference. M skin looked, dare I say, glowy? Of course, it didn't solve all my problems overnight, but I could instantly feel my skin drinking in the moisture. I don't want to get ahead of myself, because I just started using it, but so far I'm already quite pleased with the product. I never expect to find any sort of miracle cure, so I'm not getting my hopes up. I'll let you know in a few weeks if my skin starts looking like that of Miranda Kerr, but in the meantime, I'm just happy to have found something really moisturizing.

Shop Rosehip Oil:


One last thing- I'm participating in Cosmo's Blog Awards 2013 with Next and would love if you could nominate/vote for me for the best new fashion blog!






nominate me
Read more: http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/blogs/cosmo-blog-awards-2013/enter-the-2013-cosmopolitan-blog-awards-nominate-now#ixzz2TJ4XF2AC

1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover