Marques' Almeida AW 2013

 The 90's are back! Feel how you want about it, but there was no denying it at Marques' Almeida's Fall 2013 presentation. Distressed denim, skirts over pants, oversized everything, grungy hair. And yet, he still managed to make it look modern and fashion-forward instead of just a repeat of an entire decade of questionable style. I particularly loved his touches of fur and his knit pieces, which added a bit of grunge-luxe to the collection. The wide leg pants and artfully crafted jackets aged the collection in a good way from teen spirit to rebellious young adult. Though I don't see myself wearing the skirt-over-pants look anytime soon, I'm excited to see what this brand has in store for the future; I predict dedicated followers of off duty models.

See more after the jump!


2 comments:

  1. Nice seats you got there! Glad you are having fun and I want to hear the story behind how you are getting into all these amazing shows!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover