Back to Basics

As part of my back-to-basics series, I decided to practice what I preach. Today, I went to class in a simple, but effective, fall look: just basic clothes. Blue skinnies, black boots, an off-white button down, and a classic blazer in a neutral color were all that were needed to complete this look. You'll see that my basics aren't, well, completely basic. But its those details- the over-the-knee boot, the button-down's bib front, and the blazer's preppy details- that give a look a sense of personal style. So, when shopping for basics, look for those subtle features that attract you.

Photos by Ashley Hudson

Get the look!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this classic look and the equestrian vibe, very "Ralph Lauren"

    =)

    xoxo
    Fizz

    www.freshfizzle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look stunning in these basic pieces. My favourite is the oversized blazer, it looks so comfortable and stylish at the same time, and proves how basic pieces can be worth versatile and timeless while retaining the comfort factor.

    PS- I think I have those same boots!! Steve Madden, right?!

    xo Ana

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover