Nostalgic

This outfit invokes in me a sort of nostalgia that one reads about in great American novels. These novels usually idealize a pre-industrialized America, when one could appreciate the vastness of nature. For me, this outfit produces a nostalgia for a time before, what I like to call, precision dressing. The clean lines, neutral colors, and simplicity of this look make it seem like it could have stepped off the Ralph Lauren or Tommy Hilfiger Spring 2013 runways and into such an era. When one could throw on easy, classic pieces and look chic. No over-thinking. No over-accessorizing. No resorting to leggings and a tank top because they are "comfortable" and "easy." Truthfully, I don't think I've ever lived in such a time. 


Photos by Betty Liu

Get the look!

1 comment:

  1. amazing outfit! and your eyes are so pretty!!!

    P.s Would love it if you checked out my latest post!

    Jess xo

    www.mindbodyshop.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover