An Ode To Stella McCartney

After watching countless Olympic events, from gymnastics to swimming to track and field, I have been in a very sporty mood. I so admire the athletes and their talent, grace, and occasionally, their uniforms. While most uniforms have failed to dazzle, they represent a trend that isn't going away anytime soon. This sporty trend was seen in Stella McCartney's Fall 2012 collection (see the first picture below), which must have been created with Olympic spirit, as McCartney designed the UK's uniforms for the summer olympics!

And here begins my ode to Stella McCartney:
To Stella, the fierce powerhouse of the fashion world
I extend to you praise for designing the uniforms of the UK
The Olympic spirit has changed the way in which your patterns curled
In the clean color palette of cobalt, white, black, and gray

The colorblocked knit sweaters and streamlined pants
The uniforms of red, white, and blue
All inspire in me a chant
"Stella, O Stella, how I love you!"
This sporty collection has been inspiring my outfits of late, convincing me to go for streamlined, clean, yet sophisticated looks that can easily transition from summer to fall. Though the Olympics are over, I think this collection (and the outfits it inspires) deserves a gold medal.

Get the Stella look!

8 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous, love the trousers! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those pants! the whole look is very Stella :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not usually a fan of patterned pants but these are fantastic! I love the clean lines and the monochromatic palate.

    -Rachel
    www.thecuratorial.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! Love the bag!

    Would you like to follow each other?

    Evi xoxo

    The Notebook of a Fashion Lover

    ReplyDelete
  5. The printed pants look cute!:) Pretty!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This electric blue + black and white trousers are great!


    mintclothingcompany.blogspot.com

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fancy pants! Thanks for following me :) I'm now following on GFC!

    xo,
    Katherine | http://thestyletab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. great outfit! <33x
    starrystreet.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover