Transition periods are awkward. Just like transitioning from childhood to adulthood, there can be uncertainty, fear, and a couple outfits you regret. But don't fret! With some of the sharp pieces that have been all over the front-rows of fashion week shows, the transition to spring should be no problem if you follow some guidelines:
1. Be Miranda Kerr. You will never be awkward.
2. Colorblocking is still working. Especially with hot Spring colors like bright orange, seafoam green, and bright purple. Add a trench for the lingering chilliness.
3. Hat + Denim Shirt+ Blazer = Fall
Skirt and Strappy Sandas = Spring
Dare to mix and match.
4. Add a cool leather jacket over a breezy maxi.
5. Pair your Spring printed pants with a sweater and cool tuxedo blazer.
6. Polka dottted pants are bi-seasonal; they look cool at anytime with anything.
7. More floral pants!
8. Departing from neons, this Spring is seeing soft pastel pieces have a huge comeback.
9. Be Olivia Palermo and mix floral, leopard, and neon yellow like a pro.
10. Floral...shorts- take Spring one step further by cutting off your pants to expose more skin.
11. If I have to sum up this entire lesson, it would be that Florals + Colorblocking = Winter-Spring
12. Or, go bold and do head-to-toe florals. In the right proportions and pieces, it keeps you covered up but looks like you are in bloom. Why not, right?
Photos via Fabsugar and Fashionologie.