While I always try to keep my style choices fresh, 5 days of classes each week can often send me into a style rut. To change things up, I'm looking into taking my classroom staples to the next level with just a few steps:
1. A bright pair of pants/jeans. Instead of reverting to black or blue skinnies, invest in a great pair of brightly colored jeans to add a little sunshine to your wardrobe.
2. The comfy flats are a necessity for walking around campus all day. While a pair of black or nude flats is always a go-to, a cool studded pair will easily give you a little edge.
3. The button down top is perfect for looking scholarly and polished- try a cool sheer black sleeveless one to change it up.
4. I live in my blazers when it gets chilly. A black blazer goes with everything, but a nude blazer (that also goes with everything) instantly adds more interest to a look.
5. A black pullover is the ideal layering piece when it gets cold, but this season is all about short, chunky knit. Add it over a button down top and your outfit becomes worthy of the Man Repeller herself.
6. A large tote is always key for carrying around books, but this Fall, the structured satchel is the new "it" bag, like the Proenza Schouler PS1.
The Usual Suspects:
The New Look: