Update Your Back-To-School Staples

While I always try to keep my style choices fresh, 5 days of classes each week can often send me into a style rut. To change things up, I'm looking into taking my classroom staples to the next level with just a few steps:

1. A bright pair of pants/jeans. Instead of reverting to black or blue skinnies, invest in a great pair of brightly colored jeans to add a little sunshine to your wardrobe.

2. The comfy flats are a necessity for walking around campus all day. While a pair of black or nude flats is always a go-to, a cool studded pair will easily give you a little edge. 

3. The button down top is perfect for looking scholarly and polished- try a cool sheer black sleeveless one to change it up.

4. I live in my blazers when it gets chilly. A black blazer goes with everything, but a nude blazer (that also goes with everything) instantly adds more interest to a look.

5. A black pullover is the ideal layering piece when it gets cold, but this season is all about short, chunky knit. Add it over a button down top and your outfit becomes worthy of the Man Repeller herself.

6. A large tote is always key for carrying around books, but this Fall, the structured satchel is the new "it" bag, like the Proenza Schouler PS1

The Usual Suspects:

The New Look:


18 comments:

  1. Wow, I love this post. Indeed, summer break is about to end & I need some inspiration to get a best college's closet. Really like the concept of change "boring" basics for "simple-but-cute" basics. Thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like every garment.


    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love " the new look " so bad !!! You make me want to get them all to wear this outfit !!!!!!

    http://rocknrealprincess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. great thinks !
    me i want an other pair of tory !
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A combination of these two styles will sum up to perfection!

    Kiss,
    Froso from Style Nirvana.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it!! the new pieces put together looks amazing i'll definitely use this!!

    http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving the new look and how you've mixed it up. Favourites are the sheer black blouse and those studded loafers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice post, great essentials to boost the wardrobe!

    http://redsolesandredwine.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post, I love the "new look" (:

    www.loretta-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You nailed it! Love all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your comment :)
    This post is amazing! Super inspiration for back to school clothes shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all these pieces! Also, the jumper in your next post is very cute on you!

    www.cestlaviii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You´re completely right!!!!
    Love the colorful option!! ;-)

    http://somestylestories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the red pants!

    xoxo

    mystyleiseternal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those red pants are to die for! and I love the sheer long tunic! xxo -nb

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I can't even tell you how much I love this post! I'm adding a nude blazer to my shopping list right now. I've been wanting a black blazer, but you changed my mind. :)

    xoxo
    Em

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover